Monday, August 24, 2009

Whats missing ? , Season II



















'Onam is the national festival of Kerala '.The first sentence I used to write in essays on Onam through out my primary school exams.It was a sure as well as welcomed question.The exams 'd get over a few days before
Onam and the mirth starts.Even the word 'Onam' always accompanies a happy smile.Ten days of making Pookkalam* .Starting with a single color of flower on the first day ,two colors on day two and so on till the tenth day.New dresses and sadya* on 'Thiruvonam*' add the glamor.


Through the years my Onam celebrations have been changing its flavours.When I was a kid I strictly observed making Pookkalam ,collecting flowers from here and there.As time changed I gave a reverse inheritance of my rights to make Pookkalam back to Amma and she did it Only on Thiruvonam.From collecting flowers , my happiness diverted to celebrate Onam at a friend's place , extend a helping hand in Kitchen on the day of Thiruvonam and now to work in office on the day of Onam( I can't call it my happiness and even I hate calling it my fate).
As years go on , I feel like I had better celebrations in previous years. During the last Onam season I had an insight that this year , just like any other past year , will be remembered as a good old time in future.So I tried to enjoy the festival consciously. It was literally a free time.A few weeks after I graduated from college and a few weeks before I joined my present job.
This time I 'm waiting to see how my Onam will be registered in tomorrow's album.I am waiting for an Onam which I 'll long to celebrate for the sake of my happiness and not for it to be remembered. Every one says , as you grow up the enthusiasm vanishes.If it is true then I'm waiting for a day when I become a kid again.I know some thing is missing now.

My last Onam is here Whats missing?

Wish you a happy Onam


Pookkalam - patterns made by flowers
Sadya - the feast
Thiruvonam - the 10th day of Onam celebrations

8 comments:

Randeep said...

Childhood.. thats what u me all missing.. happy onam to u too.

Cheers
Randeep

DEEPU said...

പോസ്റ്റിലെ പൂകളം പോലെ മനോഹരമാവേട്ടെ ഈ ഓണവും ........ഇനി വര്നിരികുന്ന് ഓരോ ഓണവും :)
ഭവ്യ ക്ക് നന്മയും സമൃദ്ധി യും നിറന ഓണാശംസകള്‍.

BaKfIrE said...

I rem onam as good heavy traditional meal in a fine kerala restaurant :)..and i believe its the same for all bachelors outside kerala :)
nyways Happy Onam in advance to you.

Bhavya.B said...

@ Randeep
Its such a sad realization...

@ Deepu
Thank you Deepu

@ Bakfire
I too 'll have to end up my Onam in a Kerala Restaurant.I have found a good one near by.:)

Sonu said...

oh yaar...your friend told right...we are missing our childhood...and i dnt think...this onam i can spent time in a kerala restaurant ....i'l b busy with ma project...none of them are near to my studio..

Bhavya.B said...

@ Sonu

A happy studio Onam Bro.

Buvanesh said...

Nice Post......

Bhavya.B said...

Thank you Bhuvanesh