Friday, June 12, 2009

My Chi

"You are wrong ,do the other way",
"You should pronounce that word like this.........",
"This dress doesn't suit you",
"Oh..you don't know what is it!!!",
"Use your commonsense..."

If you think these abuses/criticism/correction come from my parents or a friend of mine , you are wrong. These all are the occasional knocks I get from my sister who is five years younger than me.Lets call her Chi.After going through my blog she noticed , I haven't ever made a mention about her anywhere. Since I'm afraid of a "So mean you are ..." ,I promised her "Eey ,I have some thing in mind.'ll pen it down soon" .So this is more of a 'post on request'.

It was in a hospital bed, I met Chi for the first time, laying beside my mom , after a few hours of her entrance to this world.Standing on a stool by the side of the bed and leaning over my mom I saw her sleeping silently.My grand mom introduced her to me and I found a lot of scope in that toy like thing.I fancied of carrying her instaed of a doll , in my mind.But more than the baby what caught my attention was a green mosquito net and a feeding bottle.I started playing with those things and left the baby.I can't recollect me shouting at my mom to throw that baby away and let me stay with her.But my grand mother kept on describing that scene every now and then when I grew up.But I I din't...........
When the baby was brought to home I badly wanted to carry her in my hands but no one allowed me to.I waited for one day when I grow up to a lady and hold her in my hands .But a cousin asked, "Do you think she 'll remain a baby once you become a lady ?".



Untill Chi was six she din't had any friends except me.Those were the days I got respected the most in my life.She watched whatever I do as heroism.She always wanted my company but school was a big obstacle.By the time I get ready to school Chi'd start asking me secretly "Baa...only today , I wont ask you anymore.Please don't go to school today ,let's play".I 'd agree her a hundred times to bunk school but dad ,mom......When I leave home she 'd start crying with all her might and most of the days I too wet my eyes and curse school.Once when I was in 3rd STD she asked me to take her to school .But how? My aunt made a master plan.I'll take her to school and by the time the class starts aunt will come and bring her back to home.Aunt was damn sure about she being afraid of the teacher and begging to take her back.But when teacher came to class , she said she 'll stay there with me other wise I too have to accompany her home.But my teacher was so sweet and permitted this 3yr old to sit in her class beside me.But when teacher told us to write some thing Chi told me it 'll be good if we draw a picture instead of following the teacher.I was in a dilemma.We were a team and I started writing and gave her a rough book to draw in.But she wanted to draw in my book itself.At last I had to give her space in the book margin.After hardly one hour a boy in the class did some thing mischievous and the teacher beat him with her cane stick , followed by a shower of scolding.By that time my sister buried her face in my lap and started crying "I want to go home".Teacher gave me leave and send my friend with me.At home she was fully contented, "I saved you before your turn came ,na?".

I was not permitted to stay over night at any of my relatives houses since she'd be left company less.Once she somehow agreed on me staying in a cousins house and the very next day early in the morning we woke up to see my dad with the crying Chi in hand.From then I couldn't leave her except for school till she was some 5 or 6 yrs old.

She attended hardly a ten days in nursery that too in my company.She used to hold my hand tight and ensured my presence.When she started attending school I used to take her till her friends house and they 'd go together from there.Till we reach that house she used to nag me like 'take me back home'.And I had handed over my exclusive possession of our dad to her when she was born.Instead of me dad told stories to her and made her sleep to comfort.

As time went on , she got many good friends and she explored a world beyond me.And she started taking her teachers words for value.Once when she was asked to bring Rs.10 to school she asked dad to give '10 roopa*' and he asked her back '10 urpika *?' .she demanded 'roopa' and not 'urpika'.He gave a 10 rupee note and assured her its '10 roopa'.On the way to school some one asked her why are you holding '10 urpika' and she came back home and asked dad whether it is '10 roopa' or '10 urpika'.
And to mention our fights ,it will take a whole series of posts.Will consider it that way.

Now that she is grown up and I don't ever felt insulted when she corrects me.And miss her calling me 'Baa...' when she is not around.As a wall paper she once created in photoshop says 'Baa & Chi rocks'

Phoolon ka tharon ka sabka kehna hai
Ek hazaron mein meri behna hai
Sari umar hame sang rehna hai

* Roopa & Urpika = Rupees

19 comments:

varsha said...

really a touching one...tey r such prcious part of our life....

Randeep said...

ohhhh Bhavya.. This is the best post I ever read in this blogosphere.. She is lucky to have you and u r lucky to have her.. yeaahh Chi & Baa rocks.. Write more k..


Cheers
Randeep

Nazeeha said...

wow..beautiful !! .. well written!!... i remember by brother stickin on to me wen he ws KG 1.. evrytim he use to cry for me from d class !!...

अनिल कान्त said...

mujhe apni yng sis yaad aa gayi..yes she came to this world when i was 6 yrs old....and she is naughty and intelligent....

Nice post...

Bhavya.B said...

@ Varsha

Yeah Varsha...precious.

@ Randeep

Thanx yaar.Thanx for all the flattery. ;)

@ Nazi

He he....Thanx dear

@ Anil

Naughty & intelligent...good.

Prashanth said...

Thats really a nice one.. hmm ...

sujata sengupta said...

Nice post Bhavya, very nostalgic!!

Bhavya.B said...

@ Prashanth
Thank you ...

@ Sujatha
:)

Unknown said...

Good bhav, really touching and interesting to read

Sonu said...

baa...its the best post of urs....keep writing....

Bhavya.B said...

@ RSangee
:)Thank you for your appreciation.

@ Sonu
:)

DEEPU said...

....Reminds me of a beautiful song.. one of my favourites..."KANNAN THUMBI PORAMO..."(KAKUTHIKAVILLE APPUPAN THADIKAL)...
a good post Bavya...

Bhavya.B said...

@ Deepu

:)

Prasanth Prabhakaran said...

Really Great !

No words to express ur presentation style


Looks gud

Keep it up

Bhavya.B said...

@ prasanth prabhakaran

Thank you for the appreciation.Keep visiting.

mithunviswam said...

hei dat wuz so good dear..n chi will b so happy to see her well presented in the blog.:)good work...keep writing..

Bhavya.B said...

@ Mithun

Thank you.Keep visiting

Backyard Bargain said...

Incredible and really touching...

divya b said...

iam prud to be ur sis dear.......lovu u
chi......