Monday, May 18, 2009

Rain........................




It rained in Chennai last Friday , for the first time after my arrival. Thunder being the first outside noise to penetrate the walls of office , i realised its gonna rain . I was happy like a peacock.I don't know why rain makes me cheerful.Keeping an umbrella was the last thing to expect.I walked in the rain to my cab.I could see a biker sliding from the tiled path and felling off his bike. Then another ....But i felt it only as an action sequence in the newly released rain . I opened the window and drenched in rain till the driver became concerned about the seat cover. The roads were submerged in water. Power went off. The city seemed to be a scene from some horror movie when it lightened.

By the time i reached my room , rain was in its full swing. sparks came out of the electric sockets.I some how unplugged my friend's laptop. Darkness wrapped me around like a cloak of fear after every crack of lightening. I looked around to see the shadows of all the ghosts and demons i have ever heard of.Rain poured over my loneliness. I thought of the rain at home. Rain drops hitting green leaves , warning to sit on a wooden chair , cuddling sister , a hot black tea......even paper boats from a long back archive.I badly wanted to be at home at that moment. Next moment my phone blinked 'home calling' , I picked it up and told my father "I will be there next week".

6 comments:

Randeep said...

I love paper boats. I didn't expect all these.. When u told, U are going home tomorrow. Now I got it all.. Have fun. :)

Bhavya.B said...

Some times it happens....I'm planning to make paper boats for this season.....and will carry them home if it doesn't rain here.

Sonu said...

very nice sis....i dnt how u bcame computer engineer!!! Instead of that u should become a great writer...i liked that line which u says that "action scenes in newly released rain..." hats off to u...
do u remember we use to sail paper boats in our childhood...

Bhavya.B said...

@ Sonu
thanx for all that flattery dear.I do remember those paper boats and how they ended up in a pool of rain water......ever green.

Navee said...

Its really great. and one more thing i like when it rains is the smell of d soil its great.I read almost all posts, all r nice.

Bhavya.B said...

Yes Naveen...smell of soil after the first rain is incredible.
Thanx for visiting and dropping your comment.